July 17, 2008

Update!

I had my 31 week Doctor's appointment yesterday so here is the update... First of all - we got a clear shot of the goods and the baby is "absolutely a boy" according to the ultrasound tech! Yay - we finally know for sure! His name is Gavin Eugene Cronrath for those of you who may not know!He is measuring at 4 lbs 1 oz right now, which is perfect for how far along I am. The Doctor said all of his other measurements (head, brain, arms, legs, etc) were all perfect!

Now an update on my blood pressure - it has gone down a little bit since I've been taking medication, but it's still elevated and so my Doctor wants to be cautious because high blood pressure and pregnancy don't get along very well! So with that said - I have to go in once a week for a quick ultrasound to check growth and fluid levels, and also to do a non-stress test to monitor the fetal movement. I'm a little bummed that now I'm a "high risk pregnancy" - but at least it's being monitored and it sounds like everything will be just fine - especially since Gavin is growing and everything is as perfect as can be!

I can't believe I only have 8 weeks left until my due date - but if my blood pressure stays elevated and Gavin continues to grow at a good pace, he might be here even sooner than that!

Here are some pictures! Look at his chubby little cheeks and crazy eye!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Look at the difference in your belly in 11 days! YOU are just sooooo cute! ;) I think Gavin has your eyes. LOL! I am so excited!