March 14, 2009

Update

Gavin had his 6 month check up with his pediatrician on Tuesday and he was 17 lbs 12.5 oz (57 %) and 28 1/4" long (97 %). My little baby isn't so little anymore! I can't believe he is already 6 months old.

In other news - I went back to work full time on Monday. I got a new job at Dr. Hopp's office as a front desk receptionist. It is a dermatologist office. I have been there a week and so far I love it and the girls I work with have been so helpful and nice. It was really hard the first day to leave Gavin but I know that it is the best thing for him and for our family. I was able to be home with Gavin for basically 6 months and I will forever be thankful that I had that time with him but I definitely realized I am not meant to be a stay at home mom. The great thing about this job is I am busy the entire day and the day goes by SO fast. I get off at 4:30 Monday-Thursday and then at 3 on Fridays so I still feel like I get a good full evening with Gavin. Plus we found a great babysitter who will be watching him in the mornings and then Matt's mom Gina is going to be able to watch him in the afternoon. It helps knowing that he will be well loved and spoiled during the day while I am gone!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like you have a basketball player on your hands! The time does fly by! It seems like you just had him!